A Word from ...
This was a comment left on the blog by someone who participated in "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?". It is really encouraging to hear such reports and we would like to share it with you.
"The "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" event went great! I'm one of the members of Home Church, and my wife and I loved going to a "mystery" house for dinner last Saturday night. We had no idea who we were meeting until the host opened the door. It turned out to be people we've met, but don't know very well.
"Over the course of the evening, we found out all sorts of interesting things about the people we were meeting with that we never would have learned otherwise. We shared an awesome meal, too. I can definitely say that we felt more connected afterwards, and it will give us more reason to go talk with that couple on Sunday morning.
"I definitely think we should do this event again. Thanks so much, Ashlee and Erin, for organizing it!"
Given this sort of response by a number of people. We will be planning a "Guess Who's Coming to Lunch?" for the July 1st long weekend. Thank-you all for praying for this event & the new upcoming one.
All our love,
Ashlee
2 Comments:
Wow that is so cool that you got such big feedback from "Guess who is coming to lunch." I am looking forward to getting the report from look who's coming to lunch.
Boomer,
Thank-you for your encouragement! This Sunday we will be making a big announcement and really start promoting "Guess Who's Coming to Lunch?". Please pray that people will continue to stretch & grow in building community.
Post a Comment
<< Home