March 01, 2007

Sorry for the absence...

To all of our readers and supporter I am sorry for the long delay in a recent blog, there are no excuses but I do hope for your gracious forgiveness.

Well, lets get you all up to speed.

It is the first day of March. 30 days and counting until the evangelism seminar gets under way.

We have entitled it: BECOMING MSN GOSPEL MESSENGERS
MSN stands for Mandate, Service, Navigation. To explain things a little bit I will be teaching three sessions for our church (and we are advertising to several others as well) on Saturday March 31. The first session is entitle "The Mandate Mindset" and will focus intently on the nature of discipleship, the churches calling to produce disciples and not just converts. The second session is entitled "Strategies that Serve" where serve implies service to the Gospel through service to individuals and communities. This will be the most practical of the sessions. I will be providing strategies for personal evangelism and church service to the community. Session three is called "Navigating Obstacles" and I want to address at least two prevelant objections that people have to the Christian Church and its doctrine. I think I may talk about the exclusive vs. inclusive discussion of salvation i.e. "Is Jesus the only way to heaven?" and then maybe discuss the science and religion debate i.e. "Does science make religion invalid?"

We are looking forward to a great weekend. In the mean time we have recently started a youth home group for teens age 15-18 and on February 24th our Under Construction Crew (10-15yr old boys) went to a Power Team presentation where one of the boys accepted Christ!! Also we are starting two other new home groups, one for married couples studying the topic of marriage, and the other is still in the planning process. So things are definitely on the move.

God Bless and thanks for your prayers, which by the way...see the sidebar on the right of the blog to find out specifics requests for prayer.

Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home