Tried & Found Guilty
I am guilty as charged. Guilty of passing judgment where it was/is not my place to act as judge. Judging others comes so naturally to me, almost without intentional thought, that it is scary. Scary because God's Word warns against passing judgement ("Do not judge, or you too will be judged" immediately comes to mind). So what am I doing by passing judgement? and why am I quicker to pass judgement than show grace?
1) I'm presuming to know the best way to do something (which presupposes that I have interpreted the situation correctly in the first place).
2) I'm essentially telling the person judged that they are wrong in some way.
3) I seem to pass judgement quickly on 2 different issues: i) an issue I am interested in & have a fair amount of knowledge regarding, and ii) an issue that I have personal insecurities in.
I do believe there is a time and place to judge and show someone, in love, guidance. The Bible teaches us to use scripture to teach, rebuke, correct, and train in right living to be equipped to do good work. However, more often than not I think God asks me to show love & grace to everyone & leave Him to work in people's lives to convict, change, & grow them.
I am going to try to keep this is the forefront of my mind to help me love & show grace more often.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home