Late Update
This update was supposed to come on the 17th of the month but it has ended up having to wait.
The ministry is going well. We have gotten all of the small groups on the move and have some news ones coming up. In fact there is little more for me to mention on the work front. The update now is of a personal nature.
Not many of you were aware that on December 19th Ashlee and I found out that we were expecting our first child. At this point she was not even three weeks along. It was quite the event and made our Christmas with family an extra blessing. But on January 18th Ashlee miscarried. This last two weeks (almost) has been fairly difficult upon us.
I don't have much else to say, except that considering the time it took for us to conceive this has made a tremendous impact on the way I view pregnancy in general. It boggles my mind that there are people who actively cause harm to their unborn children through alcohol, tobacco and drug use. I am sickened, in a new way, by abortions and have struggled in recent days over some ethical problem's associated with it. I beleive that care for the unborn and care for unwanted children should be a major concern of the Church. I also know that unfortunately Christians are too often too abrupt and aggressive in their dealings with these issues or too uninformed and innactive. We need to fight for the lives of the unborn and unwanted with persuasive and loving passion.
Jeff, waiting to be a dad.....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home