Keepin on...
Ashlee has been reminding me that I need to keep the blog updated more so that anyone who would like to take a gander can do so and see something new. With this in mind I will give you a rundown of some recent events.
In my Foundations study class we completed our first of two lessons on God the Father. It was incredible! There are a pair of ladies who attend the group that just blow my mind. They are from Chile and have been in Canada for a few years but are the most voracious readers and are always ready to dialogue about belief and the Bible. This last Thursday in our lesson about God we learned hos God primarily relates to us as our perfect Father and that this belief should impact our actions. We ended the study with prayers of praise, exalting God for who He is.
The "How to..." study group has been more difficult. I am trying to take a book and turn it into study curricula and it is challenging. But the people attending are enjoying it. We have 10 people who are regularly attending.
The small group ministry at HCFV is off to its best start ever and we are pumped about it. We have 7 small groups meeting regularly and 2 that are beginning soon. One of these two is for parents that have been hurt by the challenges of parenting and they will have the opportunity to meet with a friend of mine here in BC who is a professional counsellor. The second group is a Ball-Hockey group for age 11-14 boys. We have a group of men in the church who are going to participate and it is going to be a blast.
On the school front, my studies are going well even though I alwasy feel like I am behind. In my Teaching Class I am planning on writing a paper on developing learning objectives and strategies for Pleasantview Bible Camp's chapel session. If I can swing it right maybe the church will like it and adopt some of it. It could mean that the camp could do less "speaker" searching and concentrate more on the campers and their families. We will see. In mty other class, History of the non-Western Church, I am writing papers on the Coptic Church in Egypt and its relationship with Islam and doing a bio. on a missionary to Muslims in the 1200's.
Things are well, and we are blessed by your prayers and support.
Jeff
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home